With a Volkswagen e-Golf or e-up! you use the CCS plug. Ensure that the plug is connected properly.
The maximum charge speed is 50 kW. The actual charge speed depends on the state of charge of your battery. On average both cars charge from 30% to 80% in 18 minutes. Above 80% the charge speed will decrease.
Tip: If the connector remains locked when charging is finished you can unlock the connector by using the car keys to lock and unlock the doors. The car will then unlock the connector as well.
How do you find the Fastned stations?
Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to select the Fastned stations in the navigation systems of the Volkswagen e-Golf and e-up!
However, you can upload the Fastned stations to your satnav to get them listed as POIs. This works as follows:
- Download the file with the location data of the Fastned stations from our website.
- Extract the file and move the folder 'PersonalPOI' and the file 'metainfo2.txt' to the root of an empty SD-card. Ensure that only the location-data files are present on the SD-card.
- Insert the SD-card into the satnav of your car (inside the glove box.)
- Go in the menu to “setup” → “System information” and choose “update software”
- The system will then proceed to read the fastned-location data. When finished it will ask to reboot the system.
- Remove the SD-card.
You can now navigate to the Fastned stations in your satnav by choosing “POI” → “Other POIs” → “select category” → “My Points of Interest (Personal POI)” and then select “Fastned”. You can then insert the stations as a travel destination in your route.
We will regularly update the file on the website to ensure that the newest stations are listed.
Note: Volkswagen has several plug-in hybrids that unfortunately do not support fast charging. Read more about it.